We provide support to all our trainees, along with guidance and advice necessary to become an outstanding professional
Support comes from a wide variety of different professionals based at Knutsford Academy, our partnership schools, external organisations and Liverpool John Moores University, including:
- The Head of Programme based at Knutsford Academy
- A Liasion Tutor who will visit in placement for tutorials and lesson observations and lead group subject sessions, usually weekly. The tutor will also work closely to support and provide a link between the programme and the Subject Coaches in our partner schools
- Individual Subject Coaches at each placement school for everyday mentoring
- A Professional Mentor at each placement school
- Liverpool John Moores University tutors and external professional leaders for the academic modules
We also assist with the journey pre to post course, providing support to applicants to help them successfully apply for our course and then move on to a successful teaching career as an outstanding professional, once they have completed our PGDE.
A major advantage of studying for a School Direct PGDE with Knutsford Academy is the support that Liverpool John Moores University provides to all its students, including those who are on a School Direct Programme such as ours. With a comprehensive student support service, the University can help with almost anything to do with student life.
The University offers advice through its Student Services team on finances such as access to hardship loans, Careers Guidance, help finding somewhere to live, or a confidential one-on-one with a qualified counsellor.
Support is available for students with a disability or specific learning difficulty (SpLD) e.g. dyslexia, provided through the University’s Inclusive Services team who have highly experienced staff members.
In addition, there’s an impressive Library Service available to ensure all students get the best out of the extensive information resources and excellent learning facilities.