Knutsford Academy provides a range of training programmes through our own teacher training school. Our PGCE with QTS programme is tailored for those wanting to train and qualify as a new teacher, which is run in partnership with Liverpool John Moores University. Our personal development programme offers sector leadership qualifications for those looking to progress to the next step, run in partnership with Star Institute.
We provide support to all our trainees, along with guidance and advice necessary to become an outstanding professional
Support comes from a wide variety of different professionals based at Knutsford Academy, our partnership schools, external organisations and Liverpool John Moores University, including:
- the Head of Programme based at Knutsford Academy
- a Liaison Tutor who will support trainees in placement with tutorials and lesson observations. They will also work closely to support and provide a link between the programme and the subject mentors in our partner schools
- individual Subject Mentors at each placement school for day to day mentoring
- a Professional Mentor at each placement school
- Liverpool John Moores University tutors and other external professional leaders for delivery of the academic modules on Fridays
Liverpool John Moores University
A major advantage of studying for a School Direct PGCE with QTS with TT@K is the support that Liverpool John Moores University provides to all our trainees
The University offers advice through its Student Services team on finances such as access to hardship loans, Careers Guidance, help finding somewhere to live, or a confidential one-on-one with a qualified counsellor.
Support is available for students with a disability or specific learning difficulty (SpLD) e.g. dyslexia, provided through the University’s Inclusive Services team who have highly experienced staff members.
In addition, there’s an impressive Library Service available to ensure all students get the best out of the extensive information resources and excellent learning facilities.
Click here to go to Liverpool John Moores University Schools Direct website.