Further details are available below on the subjects available in the Sports Faculty for Knutsford School.
Physical Education in Year 7 starts with an introduction to PE block. You will then cover the following activities:
Did you know that…
Usain Bolt can reach a top speed of 27mph. However this is slower than an average domestic cat who can reach a top speed of 30mph and only just faster than an elephant who can reach 25mph!
Pupils will further develop all fundamental skills learnt in year 7. Pupils will develop their understanding of the skill and health related fitness requirements needed to improve in all sports. All pupils will begin to develop their leadership qualities and will have an opportunity to lead within lessons. Students will continue to have opportunity to:
- Use a range of tactics and strategies to overcome opponents in direct competition
- Develop their technique and improve their performance in other competitive sports
- Take part in outdoor and adventurous activities which present intellectual and physical challenges and be encouraged to work in a team, building on trust and developing skills to solve problems, either individually or as a group
- Analyse and evaluate their performance and demonstrate improvement across a range of physical activities to achieve their personal best
- How take part in competitive sports and activities outside of school through community links or sports clubs
Students will take part in a variety of sports which change every half term, including football, gym, rugby, hockey, rounders, cricket, athletics and netball.
|Students in year 9 follow a rotation of activities lasting between 9-12 lessons. Through these sports, students will build in the embedded key skills learnt during year 7&8. Students will also be challenged with the idea of transferring and applying existing skills, knowledge and tactics to new sports. Based on teacher assessments from the previous two years and the physical and behaviour development of the students, PE classes in year 9 are setted. This setting allows students to get the most from the lessons and ensures health and safety during contact in competitive situations. Students will continue to have opportunity to:
As with Year 8 students will participate in a different sport each half term including football, rugby, hockey, trampolining, water polo, softball, basketball, badminton, volleyball, fitness, rounders and netball.